But in the words of Winston Churchill:
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
So with great enthusiasm we will make 5 for '14:
- Deny ourselves one thing each month
- If insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, then call us insane. Katie and I will pick a new thing to give up each month for the entirety of the month. (I'm giving up secular music for January, and Katie is giving up chocolate)
- Blog twice a month
- Two years ago we did this as a goal. Not only have we missed blogging, but we also believe doing this will help us stay on pace with our other goals since we would like to do a goals update on the first of each month.
- Lose 15 and 10 Lbs
- Katie will aim to lose, and keep off, 10 Lbs. I will aim to lose 15 and keep it off. We will do this by healthier eating and intentional exercise at least twice a week. We hope to lose the weight by the fall, and then for the rest of the year prove we can stay at those given weights.
- We acknowledge that we are "that family", and so we now will set a goal to be on time to all but one thing each week. It may sound strange to set a goal to be late once a week, but believe me when I say that this would be a vast improvement!
- We desire a deeper knowledge of the Word. Katie and I must spend at least 120 minutes of time devoted to knowing God's Word better each week.
We are excited and hopeful about our goals for 2014! We appreciate your prayers and encouragement as we strive to become a more focused, healthier, timely, and devoted family.
Happy New Year to you all!