Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Daddy Date

Dear Eden,

You can't understand this yet, but you are the first "first date" I have had in almost 6 years.  All you know is that your Da Da took you to the playground, pushed you on the swing, climbed on the play equipment with you, and slid down the slide with you.

It was a nice day out, and we still had the whole play place to ourselves.  I watched the wonder dance across your face as you climbed the play place and explored every crevice.     
I'll never forget this date.  I'll never forget the way
you giggled every time you slid down the slide,
or when we walked over to see two dogs; you 
nearly had a panic attack from excitement.
I'll remember how you wouldn't let me
stop singing "I've got a river of life"
the whole half a mile walk home.



This may have been our first date, but it will not be our last.  There are more playgrounds to be discovered, zoos to be visited, lakes to be swam in, and doughnuts to be eaten... But mostly, there are more times for just you and me to laugh, play, explore and love.


I love you forever Eden,

Your Dad

PS. Check out the video of us below!


No comments:

Post a Comment