Still, more thrilling than any progress made on our goals, Katie and I have recently come back to a place of humility before God. Our self-centered mindsets were causing us to try and take matters into our own hands, whereas now when decisions or conflicts arise, we will pause and take time to bring them to the Lord.
So without any further adu, below I will list each goal, a summery of its progress, and give an EPC (Estimated Percent Complete):
- Read 2 parenting books
- This appeared stagnent after trying to reserve "Shepherding a Child's Heart" from a local library online and the book never showed up. Then out of the blue, about two months after reserving it, the book came in to the library. So Katie and I are now about two chapters in to the book and enjoying it so far. We still haven't decided our next book, so suggestions are welcomed!
- EPC: 5%
- Jog a 5K together
- After 3 months we had yet to jog together, but furturne turned our way when my sisters (Heather and Casey) decided to jog a 5k this year as well. We are now starting the couch to 5k program and Katie and I have jogged a few times together. This progress is encouraging but there is still a long way to go.
- EPC: 3%
- Pray together 5 nights a week before bed
- Unfortunately, we have been really bad about completing this, and we have noticed its negative effects in our marriage. Still, this has slowly been improving and it is AWESOME. I totally recommend getting into this habbit for all married couples, it helps center your marriage on God and humble each of your perspectives.
- EPC: 9.5%
- Take an active ministry role in a local church in Michigan
- There is not a lot to report here because we are still praying about what local church to fully commit to. We have visited many of the churches we wanted to, so we continue to bathe this decision in prayer because we don't want to end up where we are more comfortable, but rather where God wants to use us.
- EPC: 15%
- Update this blog twice a month
- This happens to be the one goal which has stayed on track all year long. It has been an enjoyable experience for Katie and I to blog and update people on our lives, and it is especially sweet when people that we don't get to talk to on a regular basis let us know that they have been keeping up with what we are doing here on this blog. We would still love to get a bit more consistent and update the blog a few more times a month, but we are on track and have posted at least twice a month each month.
- EPC: 33.3%
Thanks for taking a moment to keep up with our family goals for 2012. We love any comments of advice or encouragement, or even let us know how you are doing on your 2012 goals/resolutions!